Important Milwaukee Hybrid Group Announcements
- 18 yr old MiHG co-founder Justin Fons won the Honda Motorwerks sponsored Hybrid Driving Championship on Sept 22 with a 130.6 mpg run of the 7.2 mile course through the city streets of La Crosse, WI. in his 2000 Honda Insight. New Record for the dealership!
- Our last meet of 2007 will be on Saturday DECEMBER 15th at the Oak Creek Public Library. Details will be announced soon. Sign up to receive email updates to keep current with our activities.
- Very limited quantities of 1st and 2nd generation PRIUS block heaters are still available with installation. Contact Bradlee for details. Hurry, cold weather is here, but these block heaters won't be for long.
- Any members who are interested and able are encouraged to attend Madison Hybrid Group meetings as well, the next is in March. See the Madison Hybrid Group website for details.
- Look for us at the 2008 Milwaukee Auto Show. We will be providing the public with valuable information and hopefully attracting some new members.
- The Honda Insight marathon attempt was a great success, achieving over 2250 miles on a single tank of gas, averaging over 160 mpg. See complete details in the forum at CleanMPG.com
|This Guy Can Get 59 MPG in a Plain Old Accord. Beat That, Punk.
Mother Jones Magazine
"On a midsummer Saturday in a sprawling Wisconsin parking lot, about a dozen people are milling about a candy-apple red Honda Insight. They're watching Wayne Gerdes prepare for his run in Hybridfest's mpg Challenge, a 20-mile race through the streets of Madison. Wayne is the odds-on favorite to win the challenge, in which drivers compete to push the automotive limits not of speed and power-a desire those gathered here consider old-fashioned and wasteful-but for the unsexy title of Most Fuel-Efficient Driver in the World." ...read the full article about the Milwaukee Hybrid Group's own Wayne Gerdes here
Milwaukee Hybrid Group Awards Insight Marathon Drivers
Sunday December 24, 2006
In recognition of setting the new world record for greatest distance on a single tank of gasoline, the Milwaukee Hybrid Group has presented each of the Marathon drivers a certificate of achievement. Since there was no corporate or organizational sanctioning, the Milwaukee Hybrid Group felt a physical recognition of each driver was needed. These certificates were sent to Louis Hudgin, Bill Kinney, Dan Kroushl, Randall Burkhalter, and Wayne Gerdes. Justin Fons recieved his at a Hybrid Group meeting in October.
It's a car show, it's a day of learning, it's Hybridfest!
Sunday July 9, 2006
Seven years after being introduced in the US, hybrid vehicles are still so novel that nearly all of us- even hybrid owners- have a lot to learn about them. Hybridfest 2006 hopes to address that in an event organizers say will be part car show, part educational seminar and part celebration of how technology can improve our lives....read the full article here
Politics and PracticeThe New Red, White and BlueThomas Friedman The New York Times January 6, 2006
What's so disturbing about President Bush and Dick Cheney is that they talk tough about the necessity of invading Iraq, torturing terror suspects and engaging in domestic spying- all to defend our way of life and promote democracy around the globe... Read the full article here
This Man Unhappy With 66 Miles Per Gallon
1-6-06Michael Burke,Racine Journal Times
|Brad Fons is the area's hybrid-car crusader, and now he is starting a club dedicated to helping their owners learn to drive them most efficiently. The Milwaukee Hybrid Group will be an offshoot of a Madison hybrid club. Fons had been going to its monthly get-togethers. Now he intends to reach out to hybrid-car owners throughout Southeastern Wisconsin... read the full article here|
City of Pewaukee Man Organizes Group to Promote Gas-Electric Vehicles
City Of Pewaukee- With gasoline prices accelerating upward this week to near the $2.50-per-gallon mark, Bradlee Fons is a man to envy... read the full article here
Copyright 2007 Justin Fons. All rights reserved.